Art discovery project for Multimedia Creative & Media level 2 and portfolio builder (Gustav Klimt)
This is the second part of a 6 weeks Art discovery project for Multimedia Creative & Media level 2 and portfolio builder. The tutorial teaching students about different art movements and artists, this lesson is targeted at level 2 groups (NOCN, BTEC, CITY & GUILDS). This tutorial sample is a good base for students to start demonstrating creativity. Teachers have to implement their own techniques with this material. This tutorial last for 6 weeks, because students have to produce different digital art prints by themselves to build their own portfolio. A sample student material will be available to download at a later date.
- Demonstrating confidence in building an image from scratch according to brief using artwork imaging software
- Demonstrating creative flair and understand of art
- Efficiently explain and defend design ideas through challenging Q&A. Document activities (report, log book, sketch book)
Duration: 4 hours
Starter Session: Discuss previous sessions, Personal Study Skills: Have you looked at any art movements?
Main Session Part 1: Information Literacy – What is Information literacy? – (Tutor Presentation)
Main Session Part 2: Who is Gustav Klimt? (group work)
In small groups (3 student per group)
- Make a small presentation about Gustav Klimt – who, what, when, where, why, how, Vienna Secession art movement, art school, modernism, expressionism, famous paintings, etc…
- You have 45 minutes
- Present to the class 10 minutes max per group – other will evaluate your presentation
Resources to support your with you with research:
Main Session Part 3: The Fun Part Using Imaging Software to produce artwork Klimt style (tutor demo)
Main Session Part 4: Project based – Create your own Klimt inspired art piece with software
- Put you ideas on paper first – referencing the things you like in some of the artist prints
Resources to help you with the above: (most of these are brushes)
- http://www.shutterstock.com/pic.mhtml?id=53050945 (for inspiration only)
Homework: prepare a short research report about the above artist 2 pages with few illustrations.